Thank you for your interest in working at the Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education (Poe Center). Whether you have a background in science, healthcare, education, nutrition, or project management, the Poe Center has a place for you!
Check back often for exciting opportunities to join the Poe Center in providing innovative health education programs to North Carolina children, youth and families.
If we don’t have a job opening that fits your interests or experience, please consider one of our many fulfilling volunteer positions!
The Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education in Raleigh is seeking to hire a Development Manager. The candidate will manage the development activities of the Poe Center’s mission, goals and stated objectives to ensure fiscal stability. The Development Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director, coordinating efforts with other members of the management team, board members and volunteer committees to successfully design and implement a development plan to further the mission of the Poe Center.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of relevant experience and development/fundraising/nonprofit management coursework; CFRE preferred.
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, business, organizational and management skills; demonstrated ability to maintain successful interpersonal relationships with contributors, volunteers, board and staff.
- Provide leadership and support to donor-based fundraising campaigns (annual campaign, end of year campaign, special campaigns).
- Superior communication skills, verbal and written, required and a strong commitment to the Center’s mission, goals, and values is necessary.
- Knowledge and understanding of all revenue sources available to non-profit organizations, such as: corporate contributions and sponsorships, foundation funding, major gifts, planned giving, and individual giving.
- Proven ability to create, organize, and execute special events.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Dynamic, energetic, tenacious approach to promoting programs required.
- Engaging personality that can cultivate strong relationships and work successfully with staff, volunteers and major donors.
- Knowledge and ability with current technology tools for presentation and communications; knowledge of donor database systems (currently using Raisers Edge).
- Proven grant writing experience.
Compensation: Competitive and negotiable; commensurate with experience.
The Organization: The mission of the Poe Center for Health Education is to educate and empower North Carolina children, youth, and their families to make choices that increase positive health behaviors.
Apply to: Interested parties should send cover letter, resume, salary history, and a minimum of three professional references to:
224 Sunnybrook Road
Raleigh NC 27610
Occasional Health Educator
The Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education in Raleigh is seeking to hire an Occasional Health Educator. Under the direction of the Senior Health Educator, the occasional health educator delivers consistent, high quality health education to children preK-12th grade and adults. The Poe Center has curriculum for five broad health education topics: general health, family life, dental health, drug education and nutrition/physical activity. This position would focus in all five areas, however, there will be a very heavy emphasis on nutrition education.
The health educator assists in the research, design and development of health education curriculum, evaluation instruments and supplemental materials. The health educator is responsible for day-to-day responsibilities related to the delivery of instructional programs at the Poe Center and offsite, including teacher training, community outreach and development and maintenance of resource materials.
Apply to: Interested parties should send resume and cover letter to:
Senior Director of Educational Programming
224 Sunnybrook Road
Raleigh NC 27610