- May 9th, 2013
- No Comments
05/09/2013 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join the Poe Center at Wagram Primary School
on Thursday, May 9th from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
The Poe Center will be presenting two 1-hour adult programs and adult participants can choose to attend one program.
Drugs Uncovered: What Parents & Adults Need to Know!
A Must-See Workshop for Parents & ALL Adults Who Interact with Youth
- Learn ways to talk to kids about drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Learn current drug trends.
- Identify signs of substance abuse.
- Identify the ways teens are using common and unique items to conceal and use drugs, alcohol and tobacco.
- Participants will receive FREE materials including resources on raising drug- and alcohol-free teens.
- Government and Community Professionals
Is fast food a cheaper alternative to healthful eating? No!! Explore the evolution of serving sizes in America and learn how to feed your family healthfully and inexpensively. Healthy POEtential is an adult education program emphasizing the importance of good nutrition and physical activity. This one-hour interactive program covers nutrition and physical activity basics, the “MyPlate” food guide, decoding the Nutrition Facts label, and how to get the most out of your food budget.
Where: Wagram Primary School located at 24081 Main Street, Wagram 28396
When: Thursday, May 9th, 2013 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
(Choose to join one program listed above)