25th Anniversary Campaign
25th Anniversary Campaign: December 2015 – October 2016
Celebrating 25 Years of Health Education | #Poe25
On November 21, 1991, the Poe Center opened its doors at 224 Sunnybrook Avenue to its first field trip group. Seventy students from Sampson Middle School in Sampson County christened the new Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education. Since then, the Center has served more than 1,000,000 residents of North Carolina. 2015-2016 will mark 25 years in the building.
As we recognize this milestone and plan for the future, we invite you join us in the celebration and become a part of Poe’s next 25 years. Participate in one of the following activities, attend an event, tell us your Poe story or all of the above. Most importantly, tell a friend, neighbor and teacher about Poe.
- Fundraising Campaign – For the first time in history today’s children may be the first generation to live less healthy lives than their parents! Help us reach our goal of $25,000 to ensure quality health education today and into the next 25 years for all N.C. youth and families.
- Commemorative Mural – Artist Nicholas Burton Bragg is creating a large-scale mural reflecting the history, future, and impact of the Poe Center. The mural will be unveiled at the 2016 Annual Meeting.
- #Add25 Nutrition and Physical Activity Challenge – Schools participated in a nutrition and physical activity challenge hosted by Miss North Carolina 2015 Kate Peacock.
- Kick Off – Wednesday, December 2, 2015
The Poe Center Board of Directors and staff gather to kick off the 25th Anniversary campaign.
- Poe Young Professionals Luau – Saturday, February 6, 2016
- 25th Anniversary Celebration Gala – Saturday, September 24
In honor of this special milestone, Poe is planning something super special for our Annual Meeting. Join us as we celebrate 25 years of service to NC. The event will feature Nicholas Bragg’s commemorative mural, silent and live auctions, and awards ceremony. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and drinks will be served. Register today!
- Holiday Open House – December 19, 2016
Please join the Poe Center’s Board of Directors and staff for a short program, tour of the facility, and light refreshments as we culminate the celebration of our 25th year of service to the community.
- Follow Poe: Follow the Poe Center’s Facebook and Twitter for regular features about the campaign. Like and share our posts.
- #Poe25: Join the celebration on line. Participate in the #Poe25 Social Media Celebration and automatically be entered into a drawing for two FREE tickets to the 25th Anniversary Celebration on September 24, 2016.
Commemorative Logos – Brand your electronic and print communication with Poe’s 25th Anniversary logos. Contact Jennifer Bell, email@example.com for permission and files.
25th Anniversary Campaign Committee Members:
– Jim McGrath, President, Board of Directors
– Paul Burge, Board Member and Marketing Committee Chair
– Laura Aiken, Board Member and past President
– Shawn Hylton, Board Member
– Kionna Coleman, Board Member
– Maggie Clay Love
– Chris Schmidt, Marketing Committee
– Ann Rollins, Executive Director
– Jennifer Bell, Marketing Director
– Susan Foster, Substance Abuse Prevention Health Educator
– Jacqueline Kussin, Development Coordinator
– Kate Mascho, Scheduling Coordinator / Website Manager