Have Lunch with Poe: Summer Meal Program 2018

June 27, 2018 11:00 am - 12:00 pm

Lunch with Poe: Summer 2018

Wake County Public School SystemSummer Food Service Program

Food that’s IN when School is OUT!

Two elementary school-aged girls having lunch at the Poe Center.


WHO:         Youth 18 and younger

WHAT:       Free lunch* with fun nutrition and physical fitness activities**

* Lunches MUST be eaten by children at the park.  Meals may not be picked up and taken elsewhere to eat.
** Weekly activities are subject to changes.


WHEN:       Every Wednesday EXCEPT July 4th

June 20—August 1, 2018 | Lunch: 11 a.m.—Noon

   PlayWELL Park at the Poe Center
224 Sunnybrook Road
Raleigh, NC 27610

RSVP:         Groups of 8+ please contact: Lauren McCallum, [email protected]

FLYER:  Please print and share. Available in English/Spanish: Have Lunch with Poe 2018 Flyer

Why should you come have lunch with Poe this summer?
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves…


This material was funded by USDA’s Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — SNAP.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.